Friday, September 29, 2006

Quit Smoking AGAIN...

...perhaps this will be the last time I'll need to.
I smoked for 20 years, which is more than half of my life, and I'm really ready to quit and put my health first.
So far, I've been without a smoke for 10 days, and while I occasionally feel I want to smoke, a combination of nicorette and cinnamon sticks helps satisfy those urges. The nicorette obviously provides me with the nicotine my body has become so addicted to, while the cinnamon sticks make a nice roughly cigarette sized substitute to hold on to and suck on, etc.
I'm not planning on following the recommended treatment plan for nicorette this time, as last time it just left me addicted to the gum, and I then had to use the patch to get off the gum. At that time, those were the main nicorette placement therapies available. Now I could see myself going through a cycle of addiction to various nicotine products... the gum... the patch... commit lozenges... that little puffy inhaler thing that's available by prescription only... back to the gum, etc. But I'm not gonna let that happen. I'm already working on weening myself off nicorette by substituting regular gum for it when I can. I will probably always need something to hold in my hands and/or stick in my mouth, tho. And I don't mind that... as long as it's not cancer causing.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We suggest you to buy chantix to quit
the very dangerous 'nicotine' addiction by having the anti-smoking magic pill 'Chantix'
which is Pfizer manufactured and approved by FDA on May 11,2006.For more sophisticated information
about the side-effects of smoking and the treatment of it,
Please logon to Chantix Online.