Saturday, August 28, 2004

Black Hole


I woke up this mornin'
Tried to get outta my bed
But I wasn't at home
At first I thought I was dead
I was lyin' in an alley
With a torn up shirt
My blanket was the sunday news
My pillow was dirt
A man walked up
He had a bottle in his hand
He mumbled a few words
That I did not understand
I said 'Hey, I need help.'
But the man did not care
He just turned around and walked away
And left me lyin' there

I put my head in my hands
And my hands on my knees
And I sat there...just sat there... cryin'
What had happened on the night
That lead to this day
And left me where I was lyin'
Musta had a few too many drinks
And a few too many tokes
And with that thought
I reached for my smokes
But my pockets were empty
And so was my soul
So I went searchin' for some answers
To fill the black hole
To fill the black, black hole

No comments: